Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Yesterday, Jeff and I went down to Daniel’s house to carve pumpkins.  We usually do the project at our house but the promise of steak and rice was our decision maker.  When picked up Shannon and took her with us.  She had brought some surprises for the girls and they could not wait to hang them on their walls.

IMG_6449    IMG_6450

After dinner, Jeff and I made quick work cleaning the pumpkins and brought them inside to carve.  We had one for Jeff, Danny and each of the girls.  I paired up with Brooklyn and Shannon started on Kalea’s. 

IMG_6451    IMG_6453

Brooklyn originally wanted a spider pumpkin but when she saw my Jack Skeleton pattern, quickly changed her mind.  Kalea went with the non-scary Mickey Mouse.  Earlier in the month I had picked up a batter operated pumpkin knife and could not wait to use it.  It was great!  Brooklyn and I powered through our carving and were done in no time!  Shannon tried out my “power saw” but decided the old school way was best for her.  After searching online for awhile, Danny came up with a cool idea that turned out pretty good!

IMG_6454    IMG_6456

IMG_6459    IMG_6461

IMG_6466    IMG_6480

IMG_6482    IMG_6489

Brooklyn used to be one of the most shy in front of the camera kids.  It took forever to get a good picture of her.  My big girl niece is growing up though.  She’s becoming more confident and has no problem smiling for the camera.  Or in the below videos, singing for the camera!