Friday, February 22, 2013

My Valentine

This Valentine’s Day I was in Torrance so Jeff came down to meet me for dinner.  We NEVER go out on actual V Day since it’s so crowded but we decided to suck it up and face the crowds.

Jeff got some recommendations and we ended up at Eatalian Café in Gardena for dinner.  The restaurant is in an industrial area and does not look inviting when you first get there.  (Sorry for the bad pics, I only had my phone on me). 

2013-02-14_18-17-12_192

When you go in, it’s a large warehouse with tables spread out, a wine bar right in the center and a dessert case in the back. 

2013-02-14_18-18-18_897

2013-02-14_18-24-10_497

There was only a 15 minute wait and soon enough we were being seated with menus in front of us.  We should have realized that the pizza was their big selling point since it took up half the menu, but for some reason we skipped it. 

I ended up getting pasta with pesto and Jeff got the penne arrabbiata and we shared the sausage with vegetables.

I really wish I could say it was a perfect hole in the wall…but it was just ok.  I know it was Valentine’s day but the waiter rarely showed up at our table and I had to ask for my lemonade three times before it finally came.  The food tasted like it had no salt and it was just regular run of the mill Italian food.  I wish we had gotten the pizza since almost every table around us had some.  Oh well.

Since we both had to get up early the next day, we called it an early night.  Thanks for the V Day adventure my love!  It was perfect to be able to spend time with you!!