Monday, June 3, 2013

Showering Mackenzie

Someone had a baby shower this weekend!

IMG_1077

Shannon and Crystal threw Mac and I a wonderful baby shower!  The theme was showered with love and we both certainly felt that way!  (Well I did anyway…I think Mac just felt well fed).

The tables were set up with some very summery floral centerpieces that Shasha’s co-worker made for us and had plates of chocolate covered strawberries for guests to snack on.   

IMG_1069

8874

Each place setting had the made to order cupcakes and decorated water bottles.  Shannon originally had another idea that fell through but this back up plan was way cuter!  I loved the pink saftey pins and ‘it’s a girl’ charms.  I was sad when I drank the last bottle. 

IMG_1070

The food table had the pink parasols in vases next to some super cute rain boots.  Too bad they were already taken or I would have snagged them for Kenzie to use in 3-4 years.  Winking smile

IMG_1071

IMG_1072

The cake was from a bakery that my Aunt B has used for years!  They made her wedding cake like 20+ years ago.  It was a white cake with pineapple cream filling, so good!!

IMG_1073

8879

The rest of the food was ordered from Corner Bakery and parts made/contributed from Crystal and Mac’s grandma Libby. 

IMG_1074IMG_1075IMG_1076

On the present table, was a diaper cake that Crystal made.  It was her first one and she did such a cute job!  I almost don’t want to take it apart, although I’m sure one dirty diaper change in the middle of the night *might* change my mind.  Our neighbor Julie also made one as part of her gift.  She’s super crafty and does this as a small side business. 

IMG_1079IMG_1078

After we ate, we played a few games, cut the cake and then opened presents.

8830

8835

8856

8864

8865

8866

IMG_1083

8909

Mackenzie got so many clothes!  She is so spoiled already.

Hailey got in a couple of selfies…

8912

8919

 

Below is a picture of Nana and all her granddaughters.

IMG_5005

And me with my aunt and cousins.  We were laughing at this picture because Ashley looks like a glamazon towering over us! 

IMG_5452

It was such a special shower and I had a great time.  Thank you Shannon and Crystal for your hard work and thank you everyone for coming and making it extra special.  34 weeks down and 6 more to go!!

Now…who is coming over to wash and put everything away.  Seriously…it’s all waiting for someone to help!  Winking smile