Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Race That Wasn't

If you guessed we didn't make it to the Megan Savage 5k...you guessed correct.  We set the alarm to 6:30am this morning to allow time to get up and eat something small before the race.  However when I woke up, my throat was hurting and I could only breathe through one nostril.  I told Jeff what was going on and he said, nope, not going.  He just went through this cold and said it's only going to get worse.  If I had ran, I would have just delayed getting better. 

See Chloe?  She had to be in the picture.  : )

I know it's just a race but I'm really bummed.  How hard is it to put one foot in front of each other and just run?  As soon as I get better, we are going to start slow and make sure we don't do too much to hurt ourselves. 

On the up side...the race cost $25 (each) which is a donation to a good cause-children's cancer research.  Something that has always pulled at me since my brother had cancer when he was only 2-3 years old.  Just the idea that a child has to go through what some adults can't handle is enough to make you want to do what you can to find a cure.  Jeff and I both know that science is making strides and if $50 helps, then yeah for Megan's Wings for collecting the money.