Sunday, July 15, 2012

San Diego Hiking

We’re back!!  Although we really never went anywhere.  I didn’t realize it’s been a week since I last posted. 

This last week I had to travel down to San Diego and since it was an overnight trip, my boss coordinated a nice hike down by the beach and then dinner after.  I can’t remember the name of the beach but it was by Torrey Pines.  We parked and then began the ascent up to the cliffs. 

IMG_0120

IMG_0121

I had asked the day before it it was going to be a hike on dirt paths and I guess that didn’t translate into what I actually meant…do I need to wear work out clothes.  So…I wore jeans a t-shirt and a cardigan.  I was a hot mess at the end!  LOL  Smile

IMG_0122

IMG_0123

IMG_0124

The trail had some pretty views of the cliffs and always the ocean in the background.

IMG_0128

We had a couple of golfers in our group, my boss included who were excited about passing by Torrey Pines. 

IMG_0129

IMG_0130

IMG_0132

We began to make our descent to finish the hike with a walk along the beach. 

IMG_0133

IMG_0135

IMG_0138

IMG_0140

IMG_0141

IMG_0142

IMG_0143

IMG_0144

IMG_0145

There was a little squirrel on the beach who let me get pretty close to him without moving.

IMG_0146

IMG_0147

After our hike we went straight to dinner at Bud’s Louisiana Café.  It was a great southern restaurant that served some traditional Louisiana food.  I had some shrimp, salad and we shared beignets and bread pudding for dessert. 

 

 

After dinner we headed back to our respective hotels – yep we were all at different hotels due to ComicCon…crazy!  I stayed at the Radisson and ended up getting upgraded to a larger king sized room.  My room had a separate sitting area and sink/fridge/microwave.

IMG_0149

IMG_0150

IMG_0162

IMG_0161

One of the things that puts a room above average for me is the little extras they provide.  My room had a ton!  Complimentary slippers which worked out perfectly since I forgot to pack mine.

IMG_0155 IMG_0167

A robe and chocolate on the bed.

IMG_0158 IMG_0168

Popcorn and water (I actually called to make sure the water was complimentary). 

IMG_0169

And…a free cocktail and breakfast.  Nice!

IMG_0175

I crashed and slept so well!  I wouldn’t have thought it but the Radisson ended up being a pretty good stay!

Stay classy San Diego!  Winking smile