Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stone Brewery

Right now I’m on a temporary work assignment that has me traveling throughout Southern California.  I’ve been to Torrance, San Fernando Valley and Wednesday night stayed overnight in San Diego.

I was the most excited about San Diego and could not wait to explore the city for a good place to eat dinner.  We met up with someone who works in the San Diego office and she took us to the Stone Brewery

The restaurant is an actual beer brewery located in the middle of an industrial office area.  It had no sign so unless you knew what you were looking for, you’d drive right by it.

IMG_20110921_184452

When you walk up to the brewery, you have to walk down this long stone paved walkway that leads right to the brewery and open seating area.  Above is the view from our seats.  It was just like we were at a winery in Temecula, the grounds were so massive and pretty!

Of course the beer and wine menu were huge.  I went with the American Pale Ale and it was really good. 

IMG_20110921_184501

IMG_20110921_184515

We ended up ordering some appetizers and dinner.  I had the Chicken Schnitzel which was delicious.  The entire atmosphere was laid back and relaxing.  I’ve already told Jeff we need to go back for the tour and tastings.