Tuesday, November 30, 2010

5% My Booty!

As Jeff and I were headed out for our run tonight, I reminded him that I did not have my glasses on.  In the dark, without my glasses, I’m pretty much blind.  That with my fear of coyotes I was really thinking about turning around to get my glasses.

Jeff however, reassured me that we only had about a 5% chance of running into a coyote. 

Yeah, math was never Jeff’s strong area.  By the time we got to the end of our block, sure enough, there was a coyote trotting along the grass across the street. 

5% my butt.  Try 100%. 

Jeff insisted we keep going which pretty much meant following the coyote.  I’m quite certain my mother is reading this and shaking her head thinking she taught me better than to run after a coyote. 

By the time we made it across the street, we had lost sight of the coyote that was only 50 feet away.  At the last minute I saw it coming up behind us.  Instantly my ninja survival skills kicked in and I proceeded to squeal and clap my hands like an excited 5 year old meeting Mickey Mouse for the first time.  The coyote took off.  Jeff just looked at me and laughed.  In actuality, he should be thanking me for SAVING HIS LIFE.

He asked me if I would ever run by myself in the dark again.  Uh, let’s just say we are starting a treadmill fund.  Today. 

Here is my picture for today.  I really wish I had my camera when we were running but alas, you get a picture of my fur daughter. 

IMG_6976