Saturday, December 11, 2010

A New PR

To keep up with our running, Jeff and I packed our shoes and running clothes.  Because our run yesterday was pretty low key, we decided to do 2 miles this morning. 

IMG_3926

We set out saying this was going to be an easy run and we were going to take our time.  A short while in though, I noticed my lungs and legs were burning.  I asked Jeff where we were at distance wise and we were just under a mile around 10 minutes.  I quickly calculated and realized I would be able to come in under my last 12:30something min/mile pr.  I kept pushing and sure enough, clocked our 1 minute mile at 11:47.  Almost 1 minute less! :)

IMG_3931

To most this is still pretty ridiculously slow.  But for me, someone who was pretty confident I would never run a sub 15 min/mile, I’m happy.  We kept going and said we’d finish the second mile slow.  However, we PR’d our two mile time also!  We finished in 25:35 compared to 29 mins!  I’m so happy and needed that running pick me up. 

We are off to grab a snack and then explore the city!