Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Series of Events

Sometimes in the morning I wish I had less responsibility at work so I could call in sick and not be afraid of my desk when I returned.

This morning was one of those mornings.  You know – THOSE MORNINGS.

Those mornings where it takes just a bit longer to make your bed.

Those mornings when the shirt you wanted to wear needs to be ironed. 

Those mornings when you can’t find your cell phone that you literally had in your hand seconds earlier.

Those mornings when the house phone is dead so you can’t call said lost cell phone.

Those mornings where your coat is upstairs and you are downstairs and have already gone up and down the stairs 4 times.

I had a mini temper tantrum right before I walked out the door (late).

It’s just wrong when a 1 year old puppy looks at you and puts you in your place. 

My temper tantrum disturbed Chloe so much, she stopped mid breakfast and stared at me with a look that said “seriously?  SERIOUSLY?”

I looked at my dog, did a self check on my attitude and realized, yes this morning could have been much worse. 

I laughed, got in my car, stopped at Starbucks and arrived 10 minutes late to work. 

Seriously?  Not a big deal after all. 

When life gives you lemons…really big lemons…take a picture and post it on your blog. 

IMG_7625

Only 3 more days left of 2010!