Saturday, April 23, 2011

9 minutes 42 seconds

I can put on my make up in 9 minutes and 42 seconds.

I can eat a meal in 9 minutes and 42 seconds. 

I can fold laundry in 9 minutes and 42 seconds. 

I can make it to Shannon’s house and back in 9 minutes and 42 seconds. 

And, as of today, I can run a mile in 9 minutes and 42 seconds!

IMG_9205

Holla! 

This morning Jeff and I had planned a 3 mile run.  Unfortunately, we planned our time incorrectly and our 3 mile run was postponed until tomorrow.  However, we still wanted to get out there to do some kind of run and decided on 1 mile.  Since I was mentally prepping myself for this run, when we cut it down to 1 mile, I instantly had an idea.  I wanted to run this as fast as I could, beating our current fastest 1 mile time of 10:35. 

I told Jeff my idea and we went balls to the wall

It probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do.  It felt like someone was sitting on my chest the entire time and towards the end I felt really light headed.  We had about a 1 second breathing stop where I paused the Garmin until Jeff reminded me, there’s no pausing in a race.  So on we went, Jeff prancing at a comfortable pace and me about to pass out and cursing at him with my last breath. 

At the end though, it felt great to push myself to the max.  While this will definitely not be a daily, weekly or monthly occurrence, it’s nice to know what we can do if we really really push ourselves. 

One last HOLLA!