Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let’s Get Crackin’

After blogging for a bit yesterday, we got ready for dinner.  (Sidenote:  Jeff actually suggested that we NOT bring the laptop on the trip.  I almost started hyperventilating and then just packed it up myself.)

IMG_9360

IMG_9361IMG_9362

Last year when we came down, we ate at Joe’s Crab Shack and had the steampots.  It was so good, we decided to go again. 

IMG_9363

I came prepared with my jacket and we sat outside on the patio to enjoy the view.  You can see the Redondo Pier.

IMG_9366

IMG_9368

We enjoyed a couple of adult beverages; beer for Jeff and a margarita for me. 

IMG_9369

IMG_9370

IMG_9371

Then it was time for dinner!!  We ordered the fried calamari appetizer and a steam pot each.  Anytime we order a steam pot, the restaurant gives you a bib and cracking tools.  Since Jeff was wearing a white shirt, we thought it best to oblige.  I ended up getting dirtier than Jeff though!!

IMG_9373

IMG_9376

As we planned, we left stuffed!  We came back to the hotel and relaxed and watched the sunset. 

IMG_9378IMG_9379IMG_9380

IMG_9381