Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My last day being 30

On my last day of being 30, I fell going up an escalator. 

IMG_0489

But more on that in a bit.  On Monday, C&C went out for breakfast with mom while I watched the little nieces.

IMG_0490

Hailey showed off her b-ball skills, complete with dunking from BEHIND the basket.

IMG_0491IMG_0492

IMG_0494

IMG_0495

Look at those jumping skills!

IMG_0497

IMG_0498

And then she would dunk the ball and jump from the couch.  Right after this picture I told her to stop so she didn’t hurt herself.

IMG_0499

Oh, maybe after this shot?

IMG_0500

Oops…maybe not…

IMG_0501IMG_0502IMG_0503

Yesterday Jeff went to Restaurant Depot and bought a TON of food to freeze for the future.  Can you tell he was excited?

IMG_0527IMG_0528

IMG_0529

IMG_0530

And now the escalator…Jeff and I went to Macy’s yesterday to go look at couches.  We had looked on that floor and then began to make our way downstairs.  I stepped on the escalator first and as soon as I was on it, Jeff say more couches.  I was soooo close to the top, I just turned around and began to run up the escalator.

It would have been fine, but my legs were tired from our run earlier that morning and I miscalculated the distance to step off…and fell to both knees on the escalator.  It was funny, but man my knees hurt after.  Shannon tried to console me by saying “at least no one saw you”.  No one EVER sees me fall.  I’ve fallen now 3 times at public establishments and no store person ever sees me.  :(

And that’s how my last day being thirty went down.  Hopefully 31 doesn’t start out the same way!