Sunday, September 9, 2012

The second run I’ve regretted

You know how people say “you never regret a run”?  And generally that’s true.  I’d say 99.8% when I push myself to run, I feel awesome after. 

Today, not so much.  It was on the calendar to do five miles, but I only had four in me.  Actually I could have stopped at 3 but seriously forced myself to finish that last mile. 

I was under hydrated (I woke up thirsty) and we headed out when the sun was already getting high in the sky.  Hot, humid and thirsty = a runecipe for disaster. 

IMG_0085

After the run I iced my knee and drank my entire bottle of water.  Even now after another 2 bottles, I still feel slightly hungover (the best way I can describe feeling dehydrated). 

So the reason for this rant?  To remind myself to prepare for a run seriously.  Drink lots of water, get lots of rest, rise early and run when the sun is still low in the horizon. 

And if you’ve read this far…here’s a laugh.  Jeff bookmarked the below Yahoo article for my reading pleasure.  Click on the picture to read the full article. 

image

And if you were wondering, I make 7 of the 8 eating mistakes.  The one I don’t make – skipping meals.  Nope, got that one covered!  Winking smile