Saturday, October 1, 2011

Five Things I’m Looking Forward to in October

Happy October 1st!!  I cannot believe it is already October and there are only 3 months left of the year!  Is it too early to start decorating for Christmas?  No seriously.  Not joking.  Jeff?

I love that October is the kick-off to fall weather and fun activities.  Here are my top 5 things I’m looking forward to in October.

#1  Chicago

IMG_0361

I have to go back to Chicago for work and am really looking forward to visiting the city in the fall.  The only bummer…going alone.  I will not know 1 person there and will be there for 3 whole nights.

#2  Pumpkin Carving

IMG_6454

I like this mostly because we do it with the nieces.  They get to pick the design and we do the hard work. 

#3  Cooler Evenings

image

Love that it gets into the 50’s in the evening! 

#4  The Pumpkin Festival

Pumpkin Festival:  A place for families to come and have fun!

The pumpkin festival is held at a local college and pretty popular for residents.  Jeff and I are hoping to go this year and maybe take along all four nieces? 

#5  Skipping the Haunted Hike

IMG_6371

Because their version of “tame” is obviously not the same as mine.  And I really don’t feel like scolding some teenagers for talking to my nieces. 

Although, Brooklyn just said she wants to go and Kalea has ZERO recollection of the hike.  She keeps asking me, people were in bushes?  It was scary?  I want to see a ghost.  Whatever kid, trust me, you don’t want to see no ghost.