Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Rusty Pelican

Last Thursday we had some home office guests visiting at work.  My boss decided it would be nice to treat the midwesterners to a Newport Beach dinner.  After work, we drove down to Newport Beach to have dinner at the Rusty Pelican.

2013-05-23_18-24-50_280

I had never been but Jeff said it was really good.  We made reservations and got there early enough to be able to sit out on the patio with a view of the Marina.

IMG_20130523_183734

I loved that they offered complimentary blankets while on the patio.  It got chilly once the sun started to set.  I had the crab bisque and crab cakes with green beans.  I don’t know why I didn’t take a picture but it was pretty good!

I can’t wait to go back with Jeff and next time, enjoy a glass of wine with my meal.