Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confession III

I will decide to have a bad evening run as early as noon that same day. 

It’s a total mental game that sometimes I lose at.  I’ll let the little things affect me throughout the day so by the time 5:30 pm rolls around, I’m over it.  I don’t want to run the distance, I don’t want to the run the pace, I don’t want to RUN.  And when I force myself to run, I’ll be grumpy the entire time and be grumpy after the run.

All because I decided around noon “this was not going to be a good run”. 

This morning however, I was determined not to let myself fall into that mental trap.  All day I kept reminding myself I was going on a run tonight.  I ate well to provide the necessary fuel.  I hydrated all day long.  I took my asthma meds. 

When I got home, I was ready! 

Unfortunately, the husband was not.  While I had a bad day this last Tuesday, he had a bad day today.  In fact when I took off running, he stayed back a bit to walk.  Around the 1 mile mark though, we kicked it into gear.  Half way through the run, I knew this was going to be a good one. 

It was towards the end that I realized, ohmygosh, we were going to PR again.  We were keeping under a 12:32 pace and killing it.

Finished in 24:38.  That’s a 12:20/mile pace for 2 miles.

IMG_8015

I O-W-N you two miles!  Sucka!

P.S.  Cause not everyone loves my Garmin as much as me…

Hailey5

Noellie1

Hailey6

This is one of my favorite 2011 pictures to date!  Can we say ADORABLE?  I dare say Jeff and I have the cutest 1 year old niece.