Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jeff’s Angry IT Band

Today Crystal and I had made plans to meet at Disneyland with the rest our families.  Jeff and I have not been to Disneyland since early December and I have been wanting to go.

Unfortunately after a 2 mile jog and a breakfast of ‘made from scratch’ pancakes, the husband dropped some bad news on my doorstep.

His IT Band is angry.

IMG_7935

See that lump on the outside of his knee?  It’s not supposed to be there.  Every now and then when Jeff fails to stretch after running/walking/biking his IT Band becomes inflamed.  When it happens, it hurts him to even walk on it.  Hence my solo run this morning.

Because of his knee pain, I missed out on this…

Hailey4

Yes, I was a bit grumpy today.  And yes, that IT Band better sleep with one eye open tonight.

Since we stayed home, I decided it was a good enough time to start cleaning.  My closet had slowly started becoming a dumping ground for hangers, garage sale clothes and shopping bags.  I cleaned it up and finally we were able to put away the suitcase we had hanging around from our trip to San Francisco. 

Later in the day, the girls came over for dinner.  Kalea showed me some reasons why she would never be a suitable babysitter for Chloe.  Swinging a puppy by its tail is not a good idea.

IMG_7913

Danny took them to the park by our house to work up an appetite. 

IMG_7918IMG_7919

IMG_7922IMG_7923

IMG_7927

Chloe worked up an appetite, ate dinner and then passed out.

IMG_7933

Jeff then snuck up on her and scared her while she slept so soundly.  Poor Chloe jumped straight up and hopped on the couch trying to figure out what was going on!

IMG_7934

Jeff’s trying to blame it on his angry IT Band.