Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spring in January

We have been blessed with exceptionally nice weather for mid-January.  The highs are in the 70’s and the lows are in the 40/50’s. 

So when the nieces came over and asked if they could play at the park, it sounded like a good idea!  We packed some fruit for snacks and a couple of water bottles and walked across the street to our local swing set.

IMG_8022

IMG_8025

IMG_8026

When Aunty Shannon arrived, we convinced the girls to walk to the library with promises of playing at the big park.  I was a little worried about going to the library since I have an outstanding fine.  However, they let me check out my books and just told me to pay my fine later! 

Shannon thought it was a good idea to show the girls that the stuffed animals at the library were puppets.  The girls began to run around screaming as they were ‘chased’ by a cat, dog and shark.  Nice Aunty Shannon, nice. 

IMG_8030IMG_8035

On to the big park!  Kalea always surprises me with how adventurous she is.  She took on climbing the metal ladder by herself with no problem.  When she got stuck, she just merely backed it up and climbed back down. 

IMG_8042IMG_8043

When she got to the floating steps that swung on chains, I was certain she wouldn’t do it.  But, my little niece proved me wrong.  She caught on very quickly that she need to slide around to get positioned and that she needed to grab the next pole before stepping on.  She emitted a low whine the entire time but even came back for seconds!

IMG_8044

When we called ‘last slide’ before heading back home, Kalea made sure it was a good one and went down head first.  That kid…

IMG_8045

As promised, Chloe’s ‘after’ picture.  She all groomed and looking pretty!

IMG_8047