Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Even though we had a late bedtime, I still woke up relatively early (7:30am) and was ready to celebrate.  My husband, however, was not.  But he was a trooper and got up to make breakfast. 

IMG_7658IMG_7659

Shortly after breakfast, okay-closer to midday, I put on my running clothes and went on a solo jog.  Jeff chose to nap.  Winking smile  (BTW, I cannot figure out how to make my emoticons smaller so they don’t put an extra space in my text.  Driving me crazy!)  I jogged another sub 12 min/mile and Jeff and I move on to longer distances next week.  Shout out to my mom who ran 3 miles this morning after taking more than a year off!  Epic!

After we tidied up a bit, the family began to arrive.

IMG_7665

While Noellie chowed down, the three older nieces went upstairs to play.  We were telling the girls to say “cheese” and Hailey all of a sudden put her hands up to her face to pose.  She looks soooo cute in the pictures.  But almost stealing her moment, is Kalea.  I love how she shifts her eyes sideways to look at her younger cousin as if to say, “WHAT???”

IMG_7667IMG_7669

Jeff and Danny did a great job cooking for all of us and made some of our traditional New Years Day fare.  These are just the leftovers, I forgot to snap the picture before we dug in.

IMG_7674

Since the family was together, we celebrated Chad’s birthday 2 days early.  He had requested a specific cake from J & J Bakery and his wife delivered!  It’s an angel food cake base with a whip cream frosting and a bunch of fresh fruit in and on top of the cake.  This is so good and was perfect after eating such a big feast.  Light and fluffy!

IMG_7677IMG_7686

IMG_7689IMG_7690

After the food, the girlies had fun entertaining themselves while the boys played video games. 

Hailey pretending to be a puppy, chased Chloe all around the house.  By the end of the evening, Chloe was hiding next to Jeff on the couch.  Poor Chloe. 

IMG_7692

IMG_7711

IMG_7697

Jeff had bought everyone head flashlights and the girls especially enjoyed wearing them. 

IMG_7700IMG_7702

Ring around the roses…Hailey has been singing this at her home ever since Christmas Eve. 

IMG_7714IMG_7718