Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Feel sorry for me

I have a tendency to forget when something is hot. 

As in, don’t put your hand in the steaming water, it’s hot.  Seconds later, hand in water and shouting. 

Or, don’t touch the pan because it just came out of the oven.  Cue hand on pan, shouting ensues. 

Well, it happened again.  Jeff made pizza in the cast iron and put said cast iron on the grill.  When he brought it in, he placed it on the stove.  Now mind you, seconds before he brought it in, he had asked for a towel because…you guessed it…the pan was hot.

He put it on the stove and left for an association meeting.  I grabbed the knife to start cutting the pizza and although I literally handed Jeff the towel and saw him bring it off the grill…I pushed the handle away with my bare left hand.  I tried to scream some g-rated obscenities “oh golly”  “oh my”  but am quite certain something else came out. 

Now I’m dealing with this.  Even as I type it hurts.

IMG_7839

What do you mean ‘you can’t see it’?  Maybe a little closer…

IMG_7838

Whatever.  I can assure you the skin on the right side of my finger is red and burnt. 

And yes, it is surprisingly hard to get my camera to focus on my finger.  Even when I had the MACRO setting (the up close setting) on.  I took like 7 pictures and focused maybe 40 different times.  Here were a couple of my rejects. 

IMG_7834IMG_7835

Please ignore the grown out manicure.  When I was in San Francisco, the nail lady sold me on this Gelac Manicure.  It’s a special nail polish that lasts a minimum of 2 weeks with no chips.  It’s true, I’ve had mine for 5 weeks with minimal chipping.  The only downside, I need to find a nail salon that has the solution to remove it.  It doesn’t come off with regular nail polish remover!