Sunday, January 15, 2012

I can’t believe we ran 6 miles

Really I can’t.  If my legs weren’t completely dead and my Garmin showing the proof, I would have said I was making it up. 

IMG_0260 (640x480)

We had plans to wake up first thing this morning and head out for the run.  However, Jeff’s hungry stomach and my self doubt pushed the run back until after breakfast.  Around noon we finally headed out the door.

The first 2 miles went pretty easy.  We went slow and along a familiar path so it was nice to know when the mile markers were going to hit (I try not to look at the Garmin). 

The first part of mile 3 was along a different route and so was mile 4 so while my legs began to protest, mentally I was still okay.  I took a couple of sips of water beginning around mile two and walked whenever I drank. 

At 4.5 miles I realized ohmygosh, this was going to happen.  We only had 1.5 miles to go.

Mile 5 was painful (my knee was hurting-time for new shoes) and wet, it had started to rain, but every foot forward was one step closer to finishing.

And then, the Garmin beeped and 6 miles were done!

IMG_0256 (640x480)

I was sweaty, stiff and tired but SO HAPPY to have finished a distance that was so daunting the hour before.  Now all that’s left…doing it all over again next weekend.