Sunday, May 22, 2011

An accidental PDR

Or otherwise known as “What happens when you get pissed off at your running partner and have no navigational sense”.

Jeff and I set out to do a 3 mile run/walk.  It had been 6 days since our last run and due to our scheduling, we made the last minute decision to run BEFORE eating instead of after eating breakfast.  No food, no coffee, not even any water.  In hindsight the no water was a BAAAD idea.  At the very least we should have ran with a bottle.  Oh well.

We started out and it felt pretty good.  About half way through though, I started to run out of steam.  Jeff tried shouting motivational phrases but they went in one ear and out the other.

At about 2.8 miles I said something snotty to Jeff.  He responded that wasn’t very nice and he could have also said something mean.  So I called him on it.  And when he responded “Well I least I can run” I instantly turned left and walked away. 

{It should be mentioned if you challenge someone to say something mean, you should be prepared to hear it.  Only give it if you can take it.}

Now in my red haze I should have at least taken a moment to figure out if the way I was walking, was actually the correct way.  It was not.  I walked aimlessly around for awhile.  And then finally made it to a street I recognized.  Unfortunately I hit it at a point that was over a half mile away from home.  Darn it!!

Jeff caught up to me towards the end and all we could do was laugh.  3.63 miles done.  You know that means we are going to have to push ourselves to 4 miles so our PDR isn’t this crappy run.

After our run we cleaned up and went to Flo’s at the airport for breakfast.

IMG_9576

Sooo good.  I love their biscuits and gravy.

IMG_9579

Jeff wanted me to take a picture of his as well.  Omelet with biscuits and gravy. 

IMG_9580