Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amgen Tour de California

If you were wondering which mountain Jeff was parked on and sleeping in his car last night, it’s Mt. Baldy.  Yeah, I was actually surprised too.  I, for some reason, thought it was one of the hills he goes riding on but guess not.  I guess deep down I knew I could always track him by his GPS on his phone if I needed to get a hold of him.

Did you catch that Jeff?  I will ALWAYS BE ABLE TO TRACK YOU DOWN

Moving on…the Amgen Tour de California runs from May 15-22 and starts in Lake Tahoe ending in Thousand Oaks.  Jeff has said this is like a “training” ride for the Tour de France so he’s pretty excited to see the well known teams racing today. 

Today’s leg of the race starts from Claremont and ends at Mt. Baldy.  Take a look at that awesome route and elevation chart.

image

The only thing I’m concerned about is Jeff coming home burnt to a crisp.  We had a brief Sunscreen 101 lesson where I praised him for remembering the 1st step (apply sunscreen) and reminded him that he needs to reapply often. 

After watching this video, I’m sure (well, only 50% sure) he’ll make it a priority.  Come on Crystal, just watch it. 

PSA done and done.  Chloe says Holla!