Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

My belly is full and I’m ready for bed.  But let’s back up a bit.

We made it to Nana and Tata’s right on time, pretty good since we made a pit stop at Danny’s and picked up him, the nieces and my dad.

Kalea had only 1 tiny meltdown when she realized that when her dress was held next to Brooklyn’s dress, B’s dress was longer.  We tried to explain that since B is taller her dress would have to be longer but she did not understand and was therefore not happy about taking pictures. 

IMG_1774 IMG_1776

We weren’t the first to arrive, this cutie beat us there!

IMG_1777 IMG_1782

We tried to get the older nieces to pose, but kept missing all 3 of them smiling.

Take 1:

IMG_1779

Take 2:

IMG_1780

Take 3:  The one where Hailey is finally smiling.

IMG_1781

And then it was time to eat!  (Sorry the pictures are so lack luster.  Sad smile  The flash washes everything out so I switched to manual mode, but my camera is just too old to take good manual pictures.)

IMG_1787

My plate, a little of everything- turkey and cranberry sauce (my first time trying the combo…I loved it!!), ham, candied yams, mashed potatoes, two types of stuffing, creamed corn and a biscuit.  So good, and the reason my belly is so stuffed. 

IMG_1788

After dinner we sat around and talked for a bit, mostly being entertained by Noelle.  Love our baby niecie and cannot wait until she is talking more.  She has the cutest, squeakiest voice. 

IMG_1791 IMG_1793

IMG_1795

After we got all the little cousins’ Christmas list and drew names for the adults we said good night and headed home. 

IMG_1799 IMG_1801 IMG_1803

I’m off to work tomorrow and Jeff is working on a surprise project in the morning, while watching the big nieces.  Crystal is on standby for my Black Friday shopping list while Chad stays home with the baby nieces.  Shannon, uh she’s sleeping in.  How did that happen???