Monday, December 12, 2011

I ran so fast, I broke the treadmill

Blegh, it rained ALL day.  I had plans to run early and kept pushing it back hoping the rain would taper off. Finally, around 4pm, I figured it was a treadmill day.

I went to our local gym and it was pretty empty.  I started out at 5 mph and then slowly picked it up to 5.2 mph. I finished my first mile in 11:48 and felt great.  For the second mile, I continued to speed up.  I got all the way up to 5.5 mph at 1.93 miles, when…the stupid treadmill shut off!  I came to a screeching halt and didn’t know what to do.  Finally after pushing a lot of the buttons and having no luck, I did a cool down quarter mile on a different machine.  Boo treadmills.

In other news…

It’s time to turn on the heater!  As the nights are dipping down to the 30’s, Jeff decided it was time to open up the house and turn on the heater for the first time this year.

IMG_2034 (640x462)

It made the house cold and I tried to show him how grumpy I was. 

IMG_2035 (640x471)

Thankfully the smell wasn’t too bad and we were able to close up pretty quickly.  Now we have warm snuggly nights ahead of us.  Smile