Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catastrophic Misfortune

My husband will call me a few times throughout the day.  I get my usual “good morning” call, a mid day call and then my “what do you want for dinner” call.  My husband knows me so well, he never leaves a message because the red message light kills me.  Literally. 

So when I got a call mid morning AND he left me a message urging me to call him back, I knew something was a miss.

Or should I say a rip?

Jeff had a wardrobe malfunction.  Or as he calls it, a catastrophic failure of the material in the seat of his pants.  A 4 inch horizontal catastrophic failure. 

IMG_8180

Poor Jeff wasn’t even brought aware of his misfortune until AFTER a trip to Starbucks.  He was then forced to stay at his desk all day to avoid any unwanted stares.  Back off ladies, the man in the peak-a-boo pants is taken!

When I got home and he showed me the culprit, I realized these pants were repeat offenders.  This was not the first time Jeff’s pants have failed to keep him fully clothed.  Oh no, these pants have already been patched once before.

IMG_8185

Seriously.  Seriously!  Jeff, don’t hide from me, buy some new pants already.

IMG_8188

Guess we know what we’ll be doing Saturday. 

IMG_8189

Thank you to Jeff for being a good sport and letting me blog about your pants.  Also, thanks for staying at work and sticking it out.  You earned those new pants!  No, literally you earned the money that is going to pay for those pants.  Nice!