Thursday, February 24, 2011

Never Say No to the Ritz

The hubs company is having a meeting at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel.  The opportunity arose to allow us to stay down at the Ritz for the evening.

Jeff was going to originally say no since my mom is in town.  However when he talked to me and mentioned it, I responded “heck yes!”

I normally travel in jeans and a hoodie but felt that would be too casual for such an upscale hotel.  So I put on jeans and a cardigan.  LOL, that’s me dressed fancy. 

We arrived at the hotel and the view was gorgeous. 

IMG_8555

IMG_8557

We checked in and went  to look for our room.  We have one of the rooms facing the garden/pool area.  It’s not the ocean, but I’m not complaining. 

IMG_8559

IMG_8560

IMG_8561

IMG_8562

IMG_8565

Bathrooms are probably one of the main things that separate a regular hotel from a “fancy” hotel.  Our bathroom had his and her sinks…

IMG_8567

cheese…

IMG_8570

and a phone by the toilet.  LOL, so funny. 

IMG_8571 IMG_8572

It’s also the little things that make the difference.  Normally the q-tips are in a regular glass.  Here they were in a cute jar.  Even the faucet handles are a little bit nicer. 

IMG_8577

IMG_8578

Jeff has gone off to his meeting and left me to entertain myself for the next 4 hours.  I have a book, a couple of movies and my laptop.  I should be okay. 

Shout out to my fur daughter!  Her 2nd birthday is tomorrow.  She’s currently spending the night at Aunty Shannon’s while we are away.  Jeff and I confirmed the Ritz is pet friendly but they charge a non-refundable $150 pet cleaning fee and an additional $50 a night boarding fee.  It would have cost us $200 to have Chloe come.  Shannon’s bed is just as nice.  Smile