Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coming Home

Almost two years ago Jeff and I were on a plane headed home from our honeymoon.  We flew from Nassau to Atlanta and then Atlanta to LAX. 

Our first flight was pretty easy.  The second flight was a different story.  It was a 4 or 5 hour flight from Atlanta that seemed extra long.  About half way through the flight it became really stuffy and warm.  Jeff and I had both air vents pointed directly on us but it didn’t help.  When we mentioned something to the flight attendant, she looked at us and responded no one else had complained. 

Around this time the guy on my left had fallen asleep and his head continued to fall over to my side, almost into my lap.

About 1 more hour to go I almost lost it.  I was seconds away from jumping in the aisle and demanding that we had to land right now!  I was tired, hot and just wanted to be home.

Once the plane landed, Jeff and I bailed out. 

Around the same time, my Ipod had disappeared.  After tearing the house apart, Jeff and I assumed I left it on the plane.  Just one more thing added to the flight from hades. 

Tonight…Jeff was cleaning out the downstairs closet and came across a bin of Barbies.  Tucked into the dolls was…my Ipod.  Missing for almost 2 years and recently replaced with a Nano. 

I cannot believe it, but deep down I can.  I wonder what other kind of jewels are in that closet. 

IMG_8456

IMG_8455