Thursday, February 10, 2011

Have you seen my mojo?

It’s made up of a positive attitude, a sense of accomplishment and a dash of kick ass girl.

I lost it somewhere between my house and the two mile loop we run.  It’s been missing for about a week but the police refuse to take a report.

My running mojo lets me run while breathing easy, run faster and easier, and lets me end a run feeling great and ready for the next one.

Without it, Jeff and I end up fighting in the middle of a run.

Don’t worry, it was all verbal.  Shannon, we won’t be needing the shovel tonight.  (That was a joke if anyone missed it.)

Tonight we ran our first 2.5 mile run, a PDR for me.  About 1.8 miles through the run Jeff began to joke around.  Had I had my mojo with me, I would have thought it was funny.  But since my mojo is now on the missing persons list, I spat back and told him to stop being an a-hole.  What?  WHAT?  Not funny?  Yeah, he didn’t think so either.  Oops.

So, we finished our run and to punish me for being mean, Jeff refused to make me dinner. 

He actually wanted to send me to bed without anything but I snuck in a bowl of Coco Puffs.   

IMG_8311

Chloe tried to console me by licking my entire right arm and then moving on to my left.  It worked, she was so darn cute doing it. 

IMG_8304

2.5 miles in 32:19 minutes, a 12:50ish pace.  It can only get better from here.