Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

**Warning**  This will be mushy.

Jeff and I decided early on that we would celebrate Valentine’s day at Disneyland this year.  We made reservations and had a very good lunch. 

Fast forward to today.  We had a meeting this morning where the whole office gathers around and we do a small recognition.  I was the last manager to speak and at the very end of my recognition, I jokingly announced that I was married to a man who did not believe in giving flowers on Valentine’s day.  So, I joked, if anyone received an arrangement and wanted to donate a rose, I was located towards the back of the aisle.  Every one chuckled, which I was going for, and the meeting dispersed.

To give you a little history, Jeff and I have been together for 11 years and I can count on 1 hand the number of times he’s bought me flowers.  It’s just not his thing and knowing how inflated the prices are during this time, I’ve come to agree with him.

So, when I joked around with the WHOLE office I didn’t expect much to come of it.

Around 1 hour after our recognition meeting, I went into a manager meeting.  About half an hour into the meeting, our admin knocked on the door and announced that I had a special visitor. 

Who was it???  In came Jeff with a vase of a dozen roses! 

My husband had bought me flowers and delivered them in person.  Literally less than 2 hours after I had joked that Jeff NEVER bought me flowers.

Of course the other managers thought it was necessary to take a picture and send it to the whole office with the note “get who got roses?”

Vday

I was so surprised!  My roses were beautiful.  And of course I got many comments after my co-workers found out I got flowers. 

When I got home…the surprises kept coming! 

Jeff greeted me with a glass of prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries.  Who is this man?!?

IMG_8432

IMG_8434

With a very cute card.

IMG_8435 IMG_8438

Thank you to my love.  You gave me the BEST Valentine’s Day every.  XXOO