Saturday, June 4, 2011

4 miles

Done and done!

Since Jeff is training for an upcoming Sprint Triathlon, his running distance has slowly increased while mine has stayed the same.  I had contemplated running further earlier this week but decided against it, shooting for a faster time vs longer distance. 

Today was a different story though.  I told Jeff if he didn’t mind going super slow, I’d do the full distance with him.  He agreed and we went off.

Generally on the weekend runs, we do a walk/run attack usually walking the same distance as running (so run 1/2 mile, walk 1/2 mile x3).  Thankfully though, my breathing seemed okay and we ended up running a total of 3 miles and walking 1 mile. 

During our last mile, I mentioned that jumping straight in the pool sounded like such a good idea.  Jeff ran ahead and by the time I got to the house, was already outside by the pool.  We took off our shoes and socks and walked right in with our running clothes. 

IT WAS GLORIOUS!

The pool is heated but still cool enough to be refreshing after the long run.

A new PDR…and my legs are screaming at me.  Smile

**

Last night the baby nieces came over and I have cute pics.  I’ll post them soon…just need to convince my legs to walk down the stairs.